Akinbobola Henry, a young man with humble beginning and sound educational background, committed and successful Rotaract Leader, and a Season Rotarian.
“The Courageous” as he is fondly and prefers to be called by close friends and admirers was born on Sunday 20th September, into the family of Pastor J. B Akinbobola and Deaconess C.A Akinbobola. Henry hails from Ondo State, Ondo West Local Government, where he was raised to become a very active, dynamic, consistent, realistic, straight forward, progressive and ideologically oriented youth with exemplary sterling and leadership qualities.
Academics Background: Henry had his elementary education at Newland Elementary School, Mafoluku-Oshodi, he later proceeded to Folorunsho Primary School, Oluwole-Oshodi. He started his Secondary Education at Ondo Boys’ High School, Ondo State, and later Lagos Baptist Secondary School (LABASCO), Orile Agege, Lagos State. He obtained further training at The Citizenship and Leadership Training Center, Apapa, Lagos State. Akinbobola attempted Lagos state Polytechnic, Ikorodu where he studied Business Administration. Henry is a member of African Institute of Strategic Managers (AISM), Member of Institute of Business Psychology (IBP Nigeria) and Member of Institute of Professional Managers and Administrators (IPMA).
Organizations / Societies: Henry Akinbobola had been and still enjoys the membership of various bodies and had served in several capacities which includes:
– Vice President, Pioneer Youth Club Abule Egba (ward D) Agbado/Oke-Odo LCDA
– Member, Kegite Club, Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu.
– Honorable member, Lagos State Polytechnic Student Parliamentary Council- 2007/2008
– Advisory Council member, Christian Students Fellowship, Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu- 2007/2008
-Vice President – Action Congress Youth (Ward D ) Agbado-Oke/Odo LCDA 2004-2008
– Member, Alimosho Youth Mainstream, Alimosho Lagos.
– Member, Alimosho Democrats, Alimosho Lagos.
– Member, National Youth Council of Nigeria
– Member, Ondo Ekimogun Youth Congress- Ondo State.
Rotaract / Rotary Life: Henry was member of Rotaract Club of Adeyemi College of Education (ACE), Ondo in District 9130 now 9125 of Nigeria before he join Rotaract Club of Ojokoro in District 9110. Since then he enjoyed Rotaract/Rotary fellowship and picked interest in Serving humanity.
Henry served in the following various sensitive positions in Rotaract club.
– Secretary, Service project committee 2006-2007
– Chairman, Service project 2007-2008
– Chairman, Installation committee 2007-2008
– Chairman, Membership Development committee 2007-2008
– Chairman, World Rotaract week 2007-2008
– Chairman, Bulletin Editor 2007-2008, 2009-2010
– Chairman, International service committee 2007-2008
– Chairman, Community service committee 2007-2008
– Chairman, DRR visit 2007-2008
– President Elect 2007-2008
– President 2008-2009
– Chairman, Vocational services committee 2009-2010
– Chairman, Information 2009-2010
At the Rotaract District level, he had also been saddled with various responsibilities which include:
– Member, International Services Committee 2007-2008
– Secretary, International Services Committee 2008-2009
– Member, Roll Back Malaria Committee 2008-2009
– Member, Great Trek Committee 2008-2009
– Chairman, Installation Committee 2009-2010
– District Treasurer 2010-2011
In fulfillment of the fifth goals of Rotaract, he joined the Rotary club of Abule-Egba Metro in November 17, 2011 and had since continued to be relevant and active in the organization. Henry had being saddled with various responsibilities such as:
– Member, Membership Committee 2012-2013
– Secretary, New Generation Committee 2012-2013
– Member, Investiture Committee 2012-2013
– Secretary, Membership Committee 2013-2014
– Chairman, Youth Service 2013-2014.
Due and advise DGE Bola Oyebade, he moved to Rotary Club of Ajuwon being a Sponsor of Rotaract and was inducted into the Club in October, 2016. In the Club he has being saddled with the following responsibilities:
– Assistant Secretary 2016-2017
– Secretary, Vocational Committee 2016-2017
– Member, Anniversary Committee 2016-2017
– Member, Investiture Committee 2016-2017
– Secretary 2017-2018, 2018-2019
– Secretary, Investiture Committee 2017-2018
– Secretary, Membership Committee 2017-2018
– President Nominee 2017-2018
– President Elect 2018-2019
At the rotary district level, Henry have also being saddled with the following responsibilities
– Member, Rotary Awareness Committee 2015-2016
– Assistant Secretary, Intaract Committee 2018-2019
– Member, Interact Committee 2019-2020
– Assistant Secretary, Planet Earth/Tree Planting Committee 2019-2020
Awards and Recognition: His Commitment to virile and progressive society has been recognized both within and outside Rotaract through the following awards and recognitions among others.
– Outstanding Orderly officer RYLA 2006
– Rotary Youth Leadership Award, (RYLA)- Rotary International District. 9110, Nigeria 2003
– 2nd Most Promising Rotaractor Rotaract District 9110, Nigeria
– Most informed supported past President (2009-2010)
– 4th Club Administration 2008/2009
– 3rd Community Service 2008/2009
– Best Student in Science Teachers Association of Nigeria (STAN) Competition held in Lagos State in 1996, 1997 and 1998
– Merit Award, Ondo State Student Society in Lagos State Polytechnic 2008
– Most Outstanding District officer 2010/2011
– Most Resourceful Rotaractor 2010/2011
– 2nd Most Supportive District Leader 2010/2011
– 2nd Most Supportive District Program 2010/2011
– Humanitarian Service Award Rotaract Club of Adeyemi college of Education, Ondo State 2013-2014
– Rotaract National Merit Award, Rotaract District 9110, 9120, 9130, and 9140 Nigeria -2010/2011, 2011/2012.
– Outstanding Service Award, Rotaract District 9110 Nigeria 2014-2015
– Outstanding Service Award, Rotaract Club Oto-Awori 2014-2015
– Merit Award, Rotaract Club of Abule Egba Metro 2016-2017
Hobbies: Henry Akinbobola is a Sport lover with strong passion for the Chelsea Football Club and interest in Lawn Tennis, Billiard Board / Snooker game. He also loves travelling; in fact this had taken him to different part of the country and to the Federal Republic of Benin, Togo and Ghana on several occasions. Firstly in 2001, during his West Africa Tour and subsequently on different occasions he had been to those countries for both Rotary and other assignments. He loves meeting people and interacting with progressive minds.
Henry is committed to the three forms of service i.e. Service to God, Service to Humanity and Service to self. His dream is to become a successful Educational Consultant, Strategist and Business man. His dream is to lead Lagos State and the nation while his greatest ambition is to become one of the World Peace Leaders. As a Christian, he believes the sky is the beginning while heaven is the limit. As a Rotarian, he his married to the four (4) way test and that quality education must be free. Henry is the CEO Akfolhen Consultancy
Finally, you will agree with me that as a United professional, intellectual, administrator and a distinguished Servant of note and high repute of the Federal Republic of Nigeria who is not just educated but learned with proven expertise in his chosen disciplines. He is not just a role model to many but a visionary leader and rare personality who possesses outstanding qualities which no doubt has placed him on his enviable pedestal. A dedicated and experience leader of noble and strong character, an undaunted advocator, a Reliable “Activist”, a perfect programmer, a Blunt but Reasonable Speaker of High Integrity, an Indefatigable and patriotic Personality of High Integrity; an Indefatigable and patriotic personality of High Repute, A man of Dignity, Integrity and Discipline, a Religionist with Objectivity, an intelligent politician and a full Grown and complete Rotary Material and loyal servant of God.